Stop Smoking with Laser Acupuncture
Price is $300 per treatment.
Then you get 2 free booster treatments within 6 months if needed.
Scientific developments in the fields of photobiology and laser technology have made Softouch Permanent Makeup’s Laser & Technology system one of the most successful laser systems on the world market.
The Softouch Permanent Makeup’s Laser & Technology Stop Smoking program has had tremendous success. The treatment is completely painless and in 20 minutes you can become smoke free! We use a low level laser (also known as a therapeutic or cold laser). It works along the same principle as acupuncture but of course, no needles. The points that we work on are on the ears (auricular points), nose, hands, wrist, and forearm (meridian points). It is a very relaxing and pleasant treatment.
We stimulate three different areas with the treatment. First, we treat points for the addiction to nicotine, to help block your body’s need for that drug. Second, we treat diet points to help control your appetite and avoid excessive weight gain. Third, we treat stress and relaxation points to help avoid the withdrawal symptoms that you would normally experience if you tried to quit on your own, such as irritability, getting short tempered, etc. We try to take away all the negative feelings and make it a smooth transition for you.
Free booster treatments will be available within the six months following your treatment, because we understand that unexpected troubles happen in life. You can use the booster for any reason or just for the wonderful feeling of “well-being” the laser treatment gives you.
This treatment uses a therapeutic laser radiation for photobiological stimulation. The low power nature of therapeutic lasers offers biochemical effects with no damage to living tissue. It is not thermal and cannot cause heating. Low level laser therapy (also known as a therapeutic or cold laser) aims to bio-stimulate. This treatment is based on scientific works, as well as the experience of specialists in the field of laser therapy.
It works along the same principle as acupuncture but of course, no needles. The points that we simulate are on the ears (auricular points), nose, hands, wrist, and forearm (meridian points). It is a very relaxing and pleasant treatment.
Acupuncture is a method of encouraging the body to promote natural healing and to improve functioning. Needling the acupuncture points stimulates the nervous system to release chemicals in the muscles, spinal cord and brain so they will trigger the release of other chemicals and hormones which influence the body’s own internal regulating system. “Neurotransmitters” = endorphins & encephalins.
The treatments penetrate into tissue and initiate a process called photo-biostimulation (stimulates cell function with light).The process helps stimulate the release of endorphins in the body. Endorphins are our body’s natural opiate (pain killer) and mood enhancer. It’s painless, drug free. No Patches. No Gum. No Nonsense.
It eliminates cravings and withdrawal symptoms. It treats both Physical and Psychological addiction. (To finally quit smoking you must treat both.)
Three distinct effects are known to occur when using low level laser therapy:
- Growth factor response within cells and tissue as a result of increased ATP and protein synthesis; Improved cell proliferation; Change in cell membrane permeability to calcium up-take.
- Pain relief as a result of increased endorphin release; Increased serotonin; Suppression of nociceptor action.
- Strengthening the immune system response via increasing levels of lymphocyte activity and through a newly researched mechanism termed photomodulation of blood.
The existence of the meridian system was further established by French researcher Pierre de Vernejoul, who injected radioactive isotopes into the acupoints of humans and tracked their movement with a special gamma imaging camera. The isotopes traveled thirty centimeters along acupuncture meridians within four to six minutes. Vernejoul then challenged his work by injecting isotopes into blood vessels at random areas of the body rather than into acupoints. The isotopes did not travel in the same manner at all, further indicating that the meridians do indeed comprise a system of separate pathways within the body.
LUNG CANCER FACTS
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in the United States.
- Lung cancer causes 30% of all cancer deaths.
- Lung cancer is the leading cancer killer among Caucasians, African-Americans, Asians and Hispanic males.
- Lung cancer will kill more people this year than:
- breast cancer
- prostate cancer
- colon cancer
- liver cancer
- kidney cancer
- Lung cancer will kill three times as many men as prostate cancer this year.
- Lung cancer will kill nearly twice as many women as breast cancer this year.
- Over 50% of new lung cancer cases will be diagnosed at a very late stage—Stage IIIb or IV— and only 5% of them will live for 5 years.
- Myth: After you stop smoking, your lungs go back to normal in 10 years.
- Truth: The lungs never go back to normal. Most former smokers remain at elevated risk.
- Current smokers: 35-40% of new lung cancer cases
- Former smokers: 50% of new lung cancer cases
- Never smoked: 10-15% of new lung cancer cases
BENEFITS OF SMOKING CESSATION
Health benefits are major and immediate, at ALL ages:
20 min. Blood pressure and pulse return to normal
8 hrs Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in blood reduce by half. Oxygen levels return to normal.
24 hrs Carbon monoxide will be eliminated from the body. Lungs start to clear out mucous and other smoking debris.
48 hrs Ability to taste and smell is greatly improved.
72 hrs Breathing becomes easier. Bronchial tubes begin to relax and energy levels increase.
2-12 weeks Circulation improves
3 – 9 months Coughs, wheezing and breathing problems improve as lung functions are increased by up to 10%
5 yrs. Risk of heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker
10-15 yrs. Risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker. Risk of heart attack falls to the same as someone who has never smoked.
- Quitting decreases the overall risk of death (all causes combined) by 50% in 15 years as compared to continuing smokers
- Cardiovascular Benefits
- Heart Attacks
- The risk of heart attack decreases by 50% within 24 hours of quitting smoking, due to reversal of nicotine’s effects on inducing platelet aggregation and vasospasm (in other words, nicotine makes the blood clot and a blood clot in the heart’s coronary arteries causes a heart attack).
- After 2 years of abstinence from tobacco, the risk of heart disease is decreased to about the level of never smokers
- The risk of having a stroke or a brain aneurysm (bleeding in the brain) go down by 30-50% in quitters.
BENEFITS TO THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
- Lung Cancer
- The risk of lung cancer is decreased by 80-90% after 15+ years of abstinence
- There is no known effective method of screening for early lung cancer in former smokers or current smokers.
- Smoker’s Cough
- Within three months of quitting, the smokers’ cough disappears in most people.
- Respiratory Function
- Lung capacity declines with age more rapidly in smokers than in non smokers. Quitting smoking does little to restore lost lung function; however, after quitting the decline in lung function tends to parallel that of non smokers. In other words, quitting helps the lungs age slower.
- Quality of life and other benefits of quitting
- Smell and taste improves within days
- Alleviates harm to others from side stream smoke exposure
- Fire prevention
- Increased work productivity
- Improved self esteem …
- Cost savings:
- The expenditure for smoking 1 pack a day approximates the price of a Porsche over a 30 year period!!!
Questions and Answers
Is laser therapy safe?
Laser therapy is completely safe. The FDA has classified low level laser therapy devices as “non-significant risk medical devices.” They pose no health risk to the patient provided that protective eyewear is worn. Normal precautions should be followed as with any medical procedure.
How many times do you use the treatment?
This is a onetime treatment, which you should not have cravings once the treatment is performed, though we have a free booster policy if you need it.
How long does the treatment last and when do you start feeling it?
The treatment takes about 20 minutes, though the relaxing effect is a little different for everyone, you should feel no cravings for nicotine immediately.
How do you feel once you are treated, can you drive home?
You may feel light headed but it passes very quickly.
Does insurance cover this?
We do not take insurance, but would be happy to give you some information for you to submit along with your receipt to your insurance company. Some people have tried to get their insurance company to cover this and have submitted it under needle less acupuncture.
How does the laser work?
The light energy of the laser is absorbed by skin and cells to stimulate acupuncture points.
Where do you place the laser?
Different points on the body, and for the smoking treatment, around the ears, hands and wrists.
If I were to have a blood test, how long does it take for nicotine to be out of the body’s blood stream?
Depending on the person’s metabolism, approximately 3 to 5 days.
How long does having no cravings last after the treatment?
You won’t have physical cravings; it will be the mental habit.
How long have you been in business?
The original Laser Concept technique has been in use for over 15 years.
If you are taking medications what affect does this treatment have?
Being that treatment is not internally taken, it has not affected other medications. Caution should be used with seizure and immunosuppressant medicine.
Who cannot have the treatment?
Those who are pregnant, have seizures, or take immunosuppressant medicine.
If you have high blood pressure what affect does this have?
Laser Treatment is very effective at lowering blood pressure.
Can I have a pacemaker and do this treatment?
We have had no problems with any customers that had a pacemaker, though we would suggest that you call your doctor for advice.
What type of schooling is needed to perform this treatment, do you need to be a doctor?
The treatment must be done under a Doctor License.
I have never heard of this treatment, who else does this?
It has been available in Europe and Canada for over 20 years; we are the first ones in the United States.
I have had acupuncture done, but it didn’t work very well, is this any different?
The energy is absorbed by the body and takes a long time to be dissipated.
Do you have Gift Certificates?
Yes, we do offer gift certificates. The cost depends on which treatment you want to purchase. The certificates can be used at any of our locations. There is no expiration date.
What do you accept for payment for the treatment?
Currently, we accept cash, check or credit card for the treatment.
How far in advance do I have to schedule my appointment?
Usually 3-4 days in advance.
When I drink that is when I usually smoke, after the treatment will I still want to smoke?
You may want to avoid situations that trigger habits for a few days.
Can you use this treatment for substance abuse?
We do not offer that service.